Gili Kondo, East Lombok

Gili Bagek / Gili Kondo is a small island that located in the Water of Sambelia District (50km north of the city Selong) and it can be reached via Transat beach in Sambelia District (about 25 minutes) and Kayangan Labuhan Lombok harbor (about 45 minutes). Gili Kondo is administratively located in East Lombok, and in advance this island is managed by Perama Tour and it such quite island. At this 20 ha island, which also part of 33 gili or islands in East Lombok, at several times in a week…

The Enchanting Sumbawa

Sumbawa Sumbawa is one of regencies in Province of West Nusa Tenggara. It is located on the island of Sumbawa and the capital is Sumbawa Besar. Sumbawa is located in the middle of the Lesser Sunda Islands chain, with Lombok to the west, Flores to the east, and Sumba further to the southeast. According to the history, it said that four principalities in western Sumbawa were dependencies of the Majapahit Empire of eastern Java. Because of Sumbawa’s natural resources it was regularly invaded by outside forces – Japanese, Dutch, Makassarese.…

West Lombok, When The Sun Goes To Set

West Lombok West Lombok Regency or Lombok Barat, is one of the Indonesian Provinces in Indonesia, which is located in West Nusa Tenggara. It is located on the island of Lombok and the capital is Gerung. West Lombok Regency is bounded by North Lombok Regency to the north, Central Lombok Regency to the south, East Lombok Regency to the east and the Lombok Strait to the west. There is Mount Rinjani in the north of the region, which is one of famous mountains in Indonesia and the third highest and…

Dompu Regency

Dompu Dompu is a regency in West Nusa Tenggara, which has the capital with the same name. This regency is located in the center of Sumbawa island and have bounded with Sumbawa regency and Saleh Strait in the west, Bima regency in north and east, and Hindia ocean in south. Dompu is known as producers of wild horses milk and honey. Dompu is also known as an area that rich in meat-producing animals such as buffalo mud (it called Sahe in Dompu). Dompu culture is very close to Bima regency,…

Bima, West Nusa Tenggara

Bima Bima, is a city and regency in West Nusa Tenggara, the capital city is Woha. Bima was build in 5 Juli 1640 century based on Islam Syariah and was led by Sultan Abdul Kahir as Sultan of Bima I. Since that time Bima was divided in some kingdoms and leaders. Bima is bounded with Flores ocean in North, Indonesia Ocean in South, Dompu regency in West and Sape strait in East. The topographical area of ??Bima regency majority (70%) is textured mountain plateau while the remainder (30%) is plain.…

Pasola, Between Tradition And Thought

Pasola Pasola is derived from the world Sola or Hola meaning a kind of a long wooden stick used as a spear to fling each other by two opponent groups of horsemen. After given the prefix “Pa”, the meaning turns to be a game. Aa game which played by the Western Sumbanese to celebrate the rice planting season. The game is played by throwing wooden spears to the opponent while riding a horse. This annual game is played by two different groups of men from different clans or tribes. The…